Waiheke Radio is a not-for-profit community radio station and relies on funding and sponsorship from station volunteers and members of the community.
Local organisations or businesses can support Waiheke Community Radio by sponsoring our programmes. Sponsorship costs $50 / month and gets the name of the sponsor mentioned at the beginning and end of the programme as well as regular mention via show promotions that play throughout the day, every day of the week. We also list our sponsors prominantly on the Waiheke Radio web site and display their support on the station premises.
The Independent Network News and sports headlines we broadcast at the top of the hour for most of the day is also available for sponsorship. Sponsors can opt for either the morning or afternoon news. Please contact us for information on sponsoring the news.
- The Village Butcher - (Island Life)
- Waiheke Budgeting Service
- Fullers (Weekly What's On Guide)
- Gulf News (Independent Network News)
- Downer - Community Notices
- Roast Waiheke
- Village Butchery
- Vear House Lifting
- Wild Days Rum (Sails, Whales, and Whiskey)
- Waiheke WOF
Many people and businesses have already donated items or services to the station ...
- Carpet Court Waiheke (carpeting for studio)
- Pukeko Signs and Graphics
- Waiheke Glass (discount on new windows for studio)
- The Island Computer Guy (computer for station)
- Lunss (discount on Dress printing for the first fundraiser)
- Shop the Rock & The Little Oneroa Beach Store (selling tickets for fundraisers)
- Humble Pie Meat Co (sausages and gift certificates for fundraisers)
- Waiheke Community Cinema (2 fundraising movies)
- Only Water (Water cooler for studio)
If you would like to make a monetaty contribution towards keeping the station running you may make it via direct deposit into our account @ ANZ, account number: 11 5351 0004735 00
Becoming a Member of Waiheke Radio allows you to utilize the studio and production space to create your own shows for broadcast on the radio. We provide the facilities, advice, training and technical support needed for community groups and individuals to develop and broadcast their own radio programmes. Becoming a member is also a prerequisite for being a regular presenter on the station but please be aware that there may be a wait list for live shows which are dependent on available slots and suitability of content.
Membership for Waiheke Community Radio is $120 per year or $10 per month. You may pay via direct deposit into our account @ ANZ, account number: 11 5351 0004735 00
Things we still or often need
We gratefully accept donations of records & CDs for our Record & CD Fair. If you have other items you think may benefit a radio station that you can donate please let us know either by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or using the Contact form.